private cloud project
Companies initiate private cloud projects to enable their IT infrastructure to become more capable of quickly adapting to continually evolving business needs and requirements. Private cloud projects can also be connected to public clouds to create hybrid clouds .
Unlike a public cloud, a private cloud project remains within the corporate firewall and under the control on the company s IT department. As a result, a private cloud provides more control over the company s data, and it ensures security — albeit with greater potential risk for data loss due to natural disaster.
Launching a private cloud project involves analyzing the need for a private cloud, formulating a plan for how to create a private cloud, developing cloud policies for access and security, deploying and testing the private cloud infrastructure, and training employees and partners on the cloud computing project.
Private Cloud Project Strategy
To create a private cloud project strategy, a company will first need to identify which of its business practices can be made more efficient than before, as well as which repetitive manual tasks can be automated via the successful launch of a cloud computing project.
By creating a private cloud strategy, the resulting cloud will be able to deliver automatic, scalable server virtualization, providing the benefits of automated provision of resources and the optimal use of hardware within the IT infrastructure.
Building a Private Cloud
With the idea of building a private cloud a daunting proposition for many companies, the best advice for how to build a private cloud is to start small and then continue to grow the cloud computing project over time.
In terms of specifics for how to set up a private cloud, a company needs to:
- Research the need and benefits for building a private cloud, particularly in respect to selecting a public or hybrid cloud instead of a private cloud
- Analyze and ensure the proper processes and policies are in place to successfully build a secure private cloud
- Research and acquire the private cloud infrastructure and cloud-enabling software that will be used, such as OpenStack. CloudStack. Eucalyptus. etc.
- Ensure the hypervisor (s) that will manage the virtual machines and virtualized storage are available or can be purchased and installed
- Develop and test the private cloud project in a non mission-critical environment
- Train IT staff on how to manage the private cloud and employees and partners on how to access and use the cloud
See also “A Cloud Computing Dictionary Resource” in Webopedia’sQuick Referencesection.
private cloud storage
From keyword analysis to backlinks and Google search engine algorithm updates, our search engine optimization glossary lists 85 SEO terms you need. Read More
Microsoft Windows is a family of operating systems for personal computers. In this article we look at the history of Microsoft operating. Read More
From Goats to Penguins, a server outage and trillions of searches, our slideshow presents interesting facts about Google and the Google.com. Read More
Java is a high-level programming language. This guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of syntax, variables, data types and. Read More
This second Study Guide describes the basics of Java, providing an overview of operators, modifiers and control Structures. Read More
The Open System Interconnection (OSI) model defines a networking framework to implement protocols in seven layers. Use this handy guide to compare. Read More