#bad credit auto loans
Applying for a personal loan online can be a fast and easy process. You may be approved in less than 24 hours! If you are, then the funds will likely be available in a few days.
You should also be aware that there are some fraudsters out there who prey on people that need money quickly. Be sure to apply through a safe and secure website, like this one. Write down the lending company’s name (one of Credit.com’s trusted business partners): you will apply directly with them.
Here are some additional ways to protect yourself:
- Know where your credit stands. For instance, read our blog post on why you should check your credit before applying for a personal loan .
- Be aware that fraudsters typically pose as legitimate companies, claiming to be lenders. Make sure you are dealing with the right person. In particular:
- When you receive a confirmation email from your loan provider, make sure it comes from the trusted domain of that company, and not from a generic email address (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! etc.)
- Look for a padlock in the browser bar on any page where you are asked to provide personal information. This means your information will be sent securely to the lender.
- Never override your browser’s warning if it says a site’s security certificate has expired or the site you are about to visit is not secure.
Be aware that fraudsters will try to get you to send them money before you get the loan. Be very careful with upfront fees. Do not send a company money to cover “credit insurance” or the first payment of the loan. STOP if you are told to send funds via a prepaid card, gift card or a money transfer (such as Western Union or MoneyGram). Legitimate lenders do not operate that way.
* IMPORTANT NOTE FROM CREDIT.COM: Credit.com is not a lender. The above offers are provided by third-party lenders from whom Credit.com receives compensation. Credit.com will not call you about any loan application resulting from the above offers, and will not ask you over the phone, via email or otherwise for financial information or other sensitive personal data.
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom Credit.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It is this compensation that enables Credit.com to provide you with services like free access to your credit scores at no charge. Credit.com strives to provide a wide array of offers for our members, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.