#Mercy #school #of #nursing #charlotte #nc
B.S. in Nursing
School of Health and Natural Sciences
- Degrees Programs
- Nursing B.S.
Nursing B.S. Curriculum
General Education Courses Specifically Required by the Nursing Program:
- BIOL 117
- BIOL 130/130A
- BIOL 131/131A
- CHEM 160/160A
- MATH 116
- MATH 117
- PSYN 101
- PSYN 233
- SOCL 101
- Pre-requisites or the major and must be used to fulfill general requirements
Students who choose the generic nursing major must complete all of the following lower and upper division nursing courses. Thirty credits must be completed in the major at Mercy College.
Lower Division Nursing Courses
- BIOL 265 Microbiology Lecture
- BIOL 265A Microbiology Lab
- NURS 200 Fundamentals of Nursing
- NURS 220 Pharmacology for Nurses
- NURS 225 Pediatric Parent Child Nursing
- NURS 240 Medical Surgical Nursing I
- NURS 241 Medical Surgical Nursing II
- NURS 250 Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- NURS 367 Path/Clinic Reasoning Nursing
- NURS 368B Health Assessment and Health Promotion
Upper Division Nursing Courses
- NURS 361 Contmp Topics Prof Nursing
- NURS 363 Nurs Resrch Evdnc Bsd Prof Nur
- NURS 364 Nursing Informatics
- NURS 365 Intro to Health Policy
- NURS 366 Leadership Management
- NURS 371 Statistics for Nurses
- NURS 401 Community Health Nursing: Advocacy for Public Health
- Admission to Mercy College does not guarantee progression into the nursing program
- A maximum of seventy students will be accepted conditionally per year
- Admission Criteria for conditional acceptance into the Nursing Major requires the following:
- Maximum High School GPA of 85%
- High School Science and Math grades B or higher
II. Full Acceptance – to be fully accepted as a BS in Nursing major the following conditions must be met:
- A grade of B- or better in all science courses and a minimum overall GPA of 2.67 is required to be considered for acceptance into the Nursing major
- Achieve a passing score on the Nursing Entrance Exam in the Spring Semester of Freshman Year
- Accepted students will be subject to background checks and may be required to undergo drug testing
Students are required to achieve a B- or better in all nursing and science courses and maintain an overall GPA of 2.67 or higher. Students will not progress to the next level of the program if they do not meet the above criteria.
Organization of the Program
This program has been designed for the full-time student. Courses are scheduled for a combination of evenings and days. A variety of schedule patterns and teaching and learning community methods are utilized. Nursing courses are offered at the Dobbs Ferry campus only. Upon acceptance to the nursing major, the student will be assigned an academic advisor from the nursing faculty.
- Applications to the Generic BS in Nursing program are accepted once a year in the Fall. Application for Fall Semester entry will be accepted up until February 1st of the year the student plans to starting nursing courses in September.
- Upon review of the standard Mercy College application, qualified applicants will be conditionally accepted into the Generic BS in Nursing major.
- Qualified applicants will be admitted to the nursing major based upon available space in clinical nursing courses at the time of projected student’s eligibility.