Connect with Us
Have questions? Join us on “live chat” online now! One of our advisors will be happy to assist you and respond to your questions.
Please visit our interactive web blog. Here you will find frequently added information on our programs, articles and news by practice specialty, and much more. Register and become a part of our professional health care community.
Spiritual Christian Counseling Certification
Dedicated to Continued Learning, Growth, and Achievement in Health Care Practice
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. offers a comprehensive, quality, Certification program for qualified applicants, in Christian Spiritual Counseling.
The objectives of the Christian Spiritual Counseling Certification Program are:
- Provide a high quality program of Certification for those who are qualified and called to the practice of Christian Spiritual Counseling and Care.
- Develop and support high standards of education and practice requirements for the attainment of certification.
- Provide a mechanism for the ongoing involvement of a peer advisory board of qualified professionals to oversee program development and requirements for certification.
- Provide society with a mechanism to ascertain the appropriate education, skills, knowledge and experience required by professionals who offer such services.
- Establish quality standards and requirements for the recertification of its credentialed members, attesting to ongoing education and skill attainment in the practice specialty of Christian Spiritual Counseling.
- Provide a comprehensive program of approvals for continuing education, seminars, offerings, independent study, and other related educational activities, to ensure high quality standards are met and that such programs are of value to those practicing Christian Spiritual Counseling.
Spiritual Christian Counseling Certification
- Completion of an official, established education program to prepare individuals for the practice of Christian Spiritual Counseling. Educational programs must have provided a minimum of 330 hours of lecture/study.
- Candidates for the Certification must successfully complete the continuing education program by The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, Inc. Completion of the required education courses qualifies the educational component necessary to apply for Certification. This program consists of 330 contact hours of continuing education. See Full Program: Access here
- Prerequisite to enrolling in the Spiritual Christian Counseling Certification: registrants must meet at least one of the following; 1.) a registered nurse currently licensed to practice nursing, 2). a licensed social worker, 3). a health care licensed professional, 4). a health care provider with a minimum of an associate degree, 5). a licensed counselor or psychologist, 6). holds a bachelor s degree or higher in psychology, human services, or other health related field, 7). works in health care chaplain ministry under the direction of a pastoral chaplain/clergy, 8). is in current practice as a minister (licensed/ordained) or is a crisis counselor 9). is a certified addictions counselor, or 10). is currently certified in grief counseling, stress management consulting, or pastoral thanatology.
Certification Identification Credentials
Those applicants who become certified by the AIHCP in Christian Spiritual Counseling and complete the CE education curriculum for Spiritual Counseling with a Christian Focus, may use the initials/credential SCC-C after their names. Spiritual Christian Counselor, Certified
The Certification Process:
We have a dedicated page that provides a quick over-view of our certification process. It will provide you with good information about the process/phases of both the education courses and application for certification. Click here to access.
All certifications shall be for a period of 4 years from the date that the initial certification.
Certified members may receive re-certification at the expiration of their four year term by:
- Obtaining 50 or more hours of continuing education within the four year period of certification. Click here to view the Criteria for Re-Certification.
Those applicants who have successfully achieved certification, or re-certification receive a large size official Certificate attesting to certification, as well as an official letter of notification. The certificate is suitable for framing and details the official professional certification title, initials that may be used, and time frames for certification. Those recertifying receive a new, updated certificate. Wallet size identification cards of certification are also presented.
- The certification fee for Christian Spiritual Counseling is $200.00 for the four year term of certification. Payment in full is due at the time of application. If an applicant does not meet certification criteria, the application fee is refunded. A completed application must be mailed in to the with full payment to be considered for certification. Application is available on this website.
- Application for re-certification is $200.00 for the next four year period. This is a one time payment and is required in full at the time of application for re-certification. A completed application must accompany the payment.
- Major credit cards are accepted. Check and money orders are to be payable to: The American Institute of Healthcare Professionals .
Education Programs for Re-Certification
Applicants may obtain education hours by completion of any type of formal program in specifically related to grief, bereavement, mourning. Such programs include:
- University/College Programs and Courses
- Continuing Education Courses
- Distance Learning Programs
- Self-Study Programs
- Courses offered by Professional Associations
The AIHCP reserves the right to approve all such courses for consideration toward re-certification. For any courses to be considered, applicants must submit copies of all certificates of completion or transcripts verifying completion. Applicants who are using their degrees to meet partial fulfillment of the education requirements for certification must have official transcripts submitted from their University or College, directly to the AIHCP.
The American Institute of Health Care Professionals, provides a Fellowship Program for its certified members in Christian Spiritual Counseling. Access Information .
Click here for our the Code of Ethics for Certified Members.
Click here to view the Criteria for Re-Certification.
Click here to request more information.
Click here for the online application. Please print application and postal mail.