Wind Resistance & ICC Compliance
VAULT® housing models were shown to be resistant to Protocol 1, Hurricane Envelope Protocol missile impacts. In this test, units withstood a 9 lb. wood 2×4 being propelled at 34 mph (the equivalent of a 140 mph hurricane). Furthermore, the resistance of an 89 mph 9 lb. projectile qualifies units for resistance to an ICC-500, 225 mph and FEMA 320/361, 180 mph hurricane shelter.
The VAULT® is more than just a housing — it’s an innovative lineup of products & options that work together to make your project easy and secure. Pictured here is a Mega VAULT® with the custom ductwork option added.
The Missing Link for Roofing Systems
The VAULT® is a Single, Secure Pathway to the Roof for Pipes, Conduits, Telecommunication Cables, and More.
It’s no secret roof pathways are one of the weakest parts of the roofing system. Every new penetration adds cost and increases the risk of future leaks. That’s why we created the VAULT®, a “roof penetration housing” that provides a single, secure pathway to the roof for multiple pipes, conduits, telecommunication cables, and more. Our all aluminum assembly is weather-tight, and comes with a 20-year warranty. So you can start saving time and money on your next project. Because “Nothing Protects Like A VAULT®.”
Individual Penetrations Cause Leaks
Individual penetrations and ad-hoc installations create a mess and lead to costly leaks and roof litigation. It s no wonder 80% of roofing litigation is due to leaks!
The VAULT® Protects Your Penetrations
The VAULT® provides a single, secure pathway to the roof for multiple pipes, conduits, telecommunication cables, and more. See more examples in our gallery.
Why is the VAULT® the #1 choice for securing roof penetrations?
We ve engineered the VAULT® to bring you the ultimate in roof pathway protection. Here are just a few reasons that we believe the VAULT® is the right product for your next project:
- Every VAULT® comes with an insured, 20-year warranty.
- Every VAULT® housing is engineered with welded powder-coated aluminum. We never use plastic or other cheap materials. Period.
- With the Wind-Rated option, the VAULT® was tested to exceed ASTM and FEMA Wind Ratings and qualifies for resistance of winds up to 180 mph.
- The VAULT® was awarded “Best New Product” by a panel of industry experts at the 2013 International Roofing Expo.
- All of our VAULT Exit Seals™ incorporate the watertight SilX14™ inserts, which are rated for -25°F up to +475°F. They are lightweight, watertight, and easy to install.
- If you can t find what you need in our existing line up, just request a custom VAULT® and we ll work with you to meet your exact needs.
Who is the VAULT® for?
The VAULT® isn’t just for MEP. It can be used whenever you need a pathway to the roof. Here are some examples of the types of industries that are using the VAULT®:
- Solar Energy
- Duct Work
- Air Conditioning
- Fiber Optic