With about 2,500 employees, NJM has faithfully served policyholders for more than 100 years, regardless of market conditions.
NJM auto insurance is also available to Pennsylvania residents. See why NJM has become one of New Jersey’s insurance leaders.
NJM is one of the largest auto insurance companies in New Jersey, and also offers auto insurance to Pennsylvania drivers. Between these two states, the Company insures more than 840,000 vehicles.
The Company operates in a mutual fashion, for the sole benefit of our policyholders. There are no stockholders whose concerns about profits conflict with policyholders receiving exemplary service and superior claims handling. In fact, we consider ourselves a service organization, not just another New Jersey insurance company.
NJM offers many benefits to policyholders including:
NJM car insurance policies include roadside assistance. This value-added service, which includes emergency towing, is available 24/7 anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Nationally Recognized Customer Service
NJM was privileged to earn the top spot nationally in a 2015 survey for claims satisfaction by a leading consumer publication.
Discounts for Drivers
You may qualify for the following discounts: Homeowners Companion, Multi-Car, Anti-Theft, Driver Training, Good Student and Mature Driver Improvement.
A.M. Best Company, the country’s primary insurance rating agency, rates NJM “A+” (Superior) for financial strength. That’s a sign of security that policyholders can trust.
Do I Qualify for NJM Auto Insurance?
You are eligible to apply for NJM car insurance coverage if you or your spouse are:
- Currently employed by a member organization of the New Jersey Business Industry Association (NJBIA) ; or
- Currently employed by the State of New Jersey; or
- Currently employed by a New Jersey county, municipality or township; or
- Currently employed by a New Jersey public school; or
- Currently employed by the federal government; or
- The named insured or resident spouse on a current or previous NJM policy for car insurance or homeowners insurance; or
- A current or previous resident insured operator of a vehicle covered under an NJM car insurance policy; or
- A current or previous insured operator on an NJM commercial auto policy.
How do I find out if my employer is a member of the NJBIA?
Approximately 20,000 employers across the state are members of the New Jersey Business Industry Association (NJBIA). To find out if your company is a member, check with your employer or contact us for assistance.
Can I use a family member’s NJBIA membership?
Membership eligibility may not be extended from family members unless the applicant or spouse is currently or was previously listed as an insured driver on the family member’s NJM auto insurance policy.
I left NJM for another personal auto insurer, but I’m unhappy with them and want to reapply. Will NJM allow me back?
Anyone who was previously a named insured, resident spouse or an insured driver on an NJM auto insurance policy is eligible to apply again. Applicants are subject to an underwriting review and must meet our acceptance criteria.